Wednesday 8 May 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Noble Conflict



"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, which highlights upcoming book releases we're really looking forward to. My pick this week is:


Noble Conflict by Malorie Blackman
Release date: 6th June 2013


Goodreads synopsis
Years after a violent war destroyed much of the world, Kaspar has grown up in a society based on peace and harmony. But beyond the city walls, a vicious band of rebels are plotting to tear this peace apart. It is up to the Guardians - an elite peacekeeping force - to protect the city, without ever resorting to the brutal methods of their enemy.

When Kaspar joins the Guardians, he has a chance encounter with a rebel - a beautiful girl named Rhea. Haunted from that moment on by strange visions and memories - memories that could only belong to Rhea - he realises he hasn't been told the truth about what the rebels really want, and what he's really fighting for.


My Thoughts
Well, it's a YA dystopia, which is my favourite genre at the moment (and has been since autumn 2011 when I discovered the genre). Plus, it's written by Malorie Blackman, who wrote the really interesting Noughts and Crosses series. And the synopsis is just so intriguing, isn't it? All of that mixed together makes a really really good book that I can't wait to read!
Anyone else excited for this book?

2 comments:

  1. I've seen this available on NetGalley if you're interested. I'm sure your request would be accepted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Thanks for telling me. I'll go and have a look now. I'm a bit overloaded with books at the moment though so I might not request it straight away. :)

    ReplyDelete