Sunday 26 May 2013

Letter To: Maximum Ride

Every week I will post a letter to a fictional character. This week's letter is to Max from the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. No spoilers this time.


Dear Max

You are extremely cool. Seriously cool. You're the most kick-ass heroine I've ever read. You're the epitome of awesome. Really, you are.

When I was first introduced to you at 11 years old I was completely blown away. How could such an amazing character exist? You were a 14 year old who talked back to adults, fought superbly against them and actually won arguments against them. You were sarcastic and witty and kick-ass. Not only that but you could fly. I couldn't very well not be amazed by a flying girl with an attitude. 

You were there when I started secondary school, showing me how cool I could be if I wanted to. Every year a new book featuring you and the flock would come out and remind me that I didn't have to wear loads of makeup and follow all the fashions and be a girly girl to be cool. I just had to be a 98% human with wings, on the run from mad scientists and half-human half-wolf creatures. Or, failing that, just be myself. 

Yes, you weren't as great in the later books. You lost some of your kick-ass-ness and started caring too much for certain characters I wasn't keen on. But you still kept your strength and were still so protective over your flock, especially little Angel. 

You were, and still are, one of the coolest characters I've ever met. I just wanted to write this letter to thank you for being so awesome and for making my boring life so much more interesting. Also, thank you for introducing me to YA books. Without the Maximum Ride series I might never have found that great genre. So thank you for everything, Max.

Yours sincerely
Lilac 

No comments:

Post a Comment