Monday 20 May 2013

Letter To: Tris Prior

Every week I will post a letter to a fictional character. This week's letter is to Beatrice Prior from the Divergent series by Veronica Roth.


SPOILER ALERT: Contains spoilers from Divergent and Insurgent


Dear Tris,

I have a bone to pick with you. And I'm sorry but it cannot wait; it's extremely important. The thing is, at the end of Divergent, you did something I can never forgive you for. 

You shot Will.

Why why why why why? Why would you do something like that? Why Would you shoot your best friend's boyfriend in the head?

What bugs me most is that it was in the head that you shot him. Not the leg of foot or something to stop him being able to walk until he was back to normal. Nope, you had to shoot him in the head. You had to kill him didn't you? Gah, Tris you frustrate me sometimes. Any normal person would have shot their friend in the leg so that they couldn't move, not the head! I hope you've learnt your lesson now, learnt that it is not okay to shoot your friend in the head, not matter how crazy he happens to be at the time. Understand? Good.

By the way Tris, I do like you. You're a cool character who shows that even small people can be kick-ass if they want to be. Yeah, I do like you, but I had to tell you the truth. You had to understand just how mad I was (am?) at you for your terrible crime. Just never do it again. That's all.

Your friend,
Lilac




1 comment:

  1. I am a bit frustrated with you too Tris. But I understand that it was a spur of the moment thing. You didn't have much time to react, I forgive you. :)

    ReplyDelete