Tuesday 4 June 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Featuring Travel in Some Way

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is:
Top Ten Books featuring travel in some way

I couldn't really think of any books featuring travel off the top of my head, so I had to scroll through my Goodreads read shelf looking for books I enjoyed that featured travel. Because of that this week's top ten are not in order.

 
 
 

  1. Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi - I love this book very much, but that's only partly due to their long journeys, which are a vital part of the story.
  2. Blood Red Road by Moira Young  - Saba travels so far in the book in order to find her brother and really develops as a character in this time. It's great to see the transformation and to join such a distinct character on her long journey.
  3. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner - I really liked this book because traveling across the desert just seemed to impossible to me. Being somewhere so hot would truly be a nightmare for me and it was great to see how they all coped without much water in such boiling conditions.
  4. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld - Tally has to follow her friend's instructions on how to find her, travelling through some tough places that are hard for her to cope with considering she comes from a dystopian society where they don't ever need to trouble themselves to get around.
  5. Homecoming by Cynthia Viogt - I really enjoyed this book when I read it. Four siblings (aged 6-13) are abandoned by their mum in the middle of Connecticut and have to travels miles upon miles to their aunts house, however they can. 
  6. The Kite Rider by Geraldine McCaughrean - This is a kids book but is really very good, as are all the books I've read by this author. The MC travels all around his country with boats, trains and even on his kite, which he straps himself onto for circus shows. Very good indeed.
  7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling - I love this book. It'a so different from the rest of the series but still so amazing. Their travels are exciting and very interesting to read about. 
  8. The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien - Although I don't like The Lord of the Rings I found The Hobbit quite sweet and charming. Bilbo's adventures all over the county are very exciting and fun to read about.
  9. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown - In this Robert Langdon travels around Paris and even has to go to England to solve the mystery. Or at least, I think it's in The Da Vinci Code that that happens but it could be in The Lost Symbol or Angels and Demons. I read all three books quite close together and they've sort of become muddled up with each other in my mind.

5 comments:

  1. I'm kinda sad that everyone put HP and the Deathly Hallows except me... :( LOL, awesome list. New follower by email!

    http://booknerdsjourney.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-books-with-travel.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Moira Young's Dustland series! I have never seen that cover for Blood Red Road. I like it! Uglies is another favorite of mine. I want to read the Maze Runner series one of these days. Here's my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-1uF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list, I also love Uglies and Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added Under the Never Sky to my list and debated about adding Through the Ever Night, but I was already over the limit! Great list!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey xD Saw your blog on Teen Blogger :)

    I was about 1/4 through The Da Vinci Code but then exam came so I stopped :\
    Guess I gotta spend more time on it :)
    Nice blog :D

    Lucy @ Life of Whaleh
    loulou-thewhaleh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete